Friday, October 3, 2008

Bad News from Kirk's Mother - 10.3.08

Hello Everyone,

I've just received a call from Mrs. Lawrence. Literally the first time I've heard from her in weeks. She didn't really want to call and discuss any of it because things are not good. At all.

Kirk is alive for now. But Tim was recently in an argument with the Mayo clinic and has refused to subject Kirk to any further treatments. He is now at home with his family. I'm told that Kirk isn't much there and having problems with regular brain functions. Even walking or getting dressed are no longer possible. When he needs it, they plan to take him to a Wellstar (hospice of sorts) to be as comfortable as he can be.

So...not good.

I'm going to start making phone calls now...I'd rather hear bad news from a person than an email. Before I do let me once again extend an invitation to everyone to come stay at our house in Marietta. We have beds/couches/air mattresses aplenty and can accomodate anyone that can make it up to see Kirk. I'll be going over there tomorrow night with dinner of some kind for them.

3096 Gant Quarters Way
Marietta GA 30068

I'm available if anyone wants to call as well: 850-559-8766

-John

No comments: