Friday, October 3, 2008

Re: Bad News from Kirk's Mother - 10.3.08

This just in.

I've JUST received a second call from Deborah. She was certainly upset. So upset if she hadn't already left work I was going to go pick her up.

Things are sliding from bad to worse fairly rapidly. Kirk is in the car with Tim on the way up from Jacksonville. They'll be in Atlanta tonight. There is some question as to whether or not Kirk will spend the night at the house or go straight to the hospice.

Anyway, if you have the means under the shortest notice ever, everyone is welcome to come up. Please, please don't hesistate if you think you can make it. I think dinner plans are on for tonight instead. I'm just gonna try to come up with a bunch of something that will keep for a few days in a fridge. Though I don't see them wanting to eat much.

So, bad news then worse news in your inbox today. Also, I know there's still people not on this email list. Emmy/Jerris? Beavis/Illy? Prolly more than a few people in Tallahassee I don't even know that well. So if you can get this out to anyone you don't see listed, please forward it along and let them know I've got no problems with housing straight-up strangers. Thanks, everybody.

-John

1 comment:

a nute said...

My husband and I have always loved hanging out with Kirk though it has never been as often as we would have liked. Mostly we've seen him at Lori Vaughn's boardgame parties. Anyway, we are passing along a complete set of the recent Batman Leggo toys from McDonalds. Getting them involved many stops and the interogation of many minimum wage workers. When we heard Kirk might like them, that they might make him smile we immediately volunteered them for the care package Hope is sending. While we hope that he thinks of us and that we are in his thoughts even for a moment as he opens them, we were never super close and I know his memory may be a little fuzzy. We left them in their little plastic bags so he gets that extra Christmas-like joy of tearing each of them open and getting that fresh puff of plastic smell. Kirk is awesome and it breaks my heart when shitty things happen to the last people to deserve them. We wish him every happiness and comfort. I work at a hospital and I know how much being surrounded by love matters. Give him a big hug for us. Our thoughts are with you.
Chris and Achsa