Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Kirk Update - 10.6.08

So many new names with us! As always, everyone take a look at the CCs and check to make sure that everyone that should see these emails is in there.

Well, another fantastic day at the Lawrence house. This morning we had Morgan, Liz and Diana over. Kirk was even more talkative with his greetings. Truth be told the first 5 minutes of the day and anytime he laughs are my favorite. As far as talking, he gets progressively less and less talkative through the day, but I'd say he started really really well and slowed down to about where he was yesterday.

We had stopped at Publix for sammich meat, etc to take over for lunch. Kirk killed a sammich, Veggie Bootie snacks, chips, grapes, macaroni salad and would have kept eating and drinking juice had we let him. Pretty good sign.

We popped in, at Liz's request, the AMAZINGLY inappropriate Chipmunks Movie. A movie I love...but seriously, watch it and count all the too-sexy, little girl chipmunk up-skirts and panty shots. I quote "Tell me what I need to do to get lucky with you." We laughed a good bit.

Then we watched Coming to America. I might put this one back into rotation some time. Kirk LOVED watching it. Was laughing in every scene. I was very glad to see that he knew the jokes. Little funny Eddie Murphy facial expressions, little non-jokes, musical cues. He was all over it. Tapping his foot in time with the royal limo cadence (if you're familiar with the movie). You REALLY gotta hear him laugh. It makes you feel so much better about everything.

Fewer specifics to report. But I would say we're still improving every day. Again, I'm sure it has to do with being off his medications and receiving the such a non-stop love train from all of you.

I've had so many requests for his address for mailing cards and care packages. I wanted to make sure everyone had it:
1820 Bailey Lane
Lithia Springs, GA 30122

Nick sent Kirk a video greeting which I thought was a great idea. Kirk's computer is being an asshole, but I can bring over a laptop and play the videos for him. I'm sure he'd enjoy anything you guys want to send.

Let's see, other projects. Joe has suggested we blog all these emails, pictures and skateboard videos. Yes, for those of you who haven't received previous emails, Kirk was on a skateboard yesterday. I got in a little bit of pretend trouble with Kirk's mom. Video to be posted soon at kirklawrence.blogspot.com if Joe has time to set that up this week. And of course I'm gonna need to get a copy of the file from Liz. = ) Maybe you guys could email me some pics you might have of Kirk and we could post all of them as well? Let's see what we can do about that.

Again, especially for the new additions, let me again offer our house in Marietta to anyone that can figure out how to find the time to be here. We can shuttle you around and get you to Kirk's house for some hangin out. Hit me up at 850-559-8766 and we can work out the details. We've got Morgan, Emmy and Jerris here now. Steve and Pura to arrive tomorrow. WOO! WOO! Love train comin.

Thanks to everyone that's made it out so far, and everyone that's planning on being here soon. And to everyone else sending such positive support to Kirk. It's really awesome. I know I'm working hard to keep everyone informed, but it doesn't require the time off from work, travel and such that it does you guys to get out here. I really appreciate it and of course so does Kirk and his family. His mother is positive that our presence is doing wonders for Kirk's health and quality of life.

Until tomorrow my bruthas and sistahs. Call/email me anytime you have any questions or concerns and I'll do my best to get back to you soon.

-John

No comments: