Thursday, October 23, 2008

Kirk Update - Week of Oct. 20th.

VERY SORRY that I've been so out of touch this week. We've had non-stop guests at the house since last Wednesday. Just got busy and I sorta fell off the grid.

We got a slow start on Saturday. We got everybody up, stuffed Beavis, Illy, Devon and Nick into my car and headed over to Kirk's. We had a bit of a scare when we arrived.

Deborah answered the door and told us that Kirk wasn't up yet. She was so concerned about the swelling in his left foot that she was thinking of taking him to the hospital. Though, while she jumped in the shower, I snuck back into Kirk's room and talked to him about it. Asked him how the foot was and if we were gonna go to a hospital today. He replied "Uhh..NO" and suggested that his mom was overreacting. That's from Kirk "everything's okay" Lawrence. His foot was probably okay, but she's right to worry. A blood clot would be no good. (The swelling has since gone down!)

So we stayed. Watched Pootie Tang (hilarious, of course) and college football. Kinda a low and lazy day on the whole.

Sunday we came with even MORE people. Including Paul. Very good to have him back from the desert. We watched Jurassic Park. Or rather, constantly made fun of Jurassic Park on account of we LOVE Jurassic Park. If you weren't already aware, Muldoon doesn't know he's in a movie. Also, Hammond and Malcolm used to date, broke up, but still mess around. It's TRUE! Watch it and see.

Monday and Tuesday we skipped. I took Paul to Macon to see his people and get some Nu-Way hotdogs. Both were excellent.

Wednesday we watched The Wizard. Aka "Fred Savage is not The Wizard". A timeless classic.

And today we saw IronMan and Kingpin.

It's weird to write these updates for this week. I could go on and on about the movies we watch or the jokes we make. But there's just so little to say about Kirk and his condition. He's still 'good'. I haven't noticed any changes in maybe the last 10 days except a strange patch of lost hair.

Thus, I think I'm going to back off a little on the updates. I know everyone likes to know what's going on and how we love/hate movies, but for now I'll just be sure to keep you updated on changes. I have a hypothesis about barometric pressure affecting Kirk's mood that I'm tinkering with. I'll let you know how that goes.

I'm really glad I have nothing to report and that things can be like this. That he can be awake and alert and watch movies with friends. For now. Or however long he has left. I hate to say it, but when things start to deteriorate I don't want the cancer to drag Kirk through it. Quick like a bandaid. I don't know if you all feel the same.

Again, very sorry for being so late on this. I know for those of you that can't make it up here to hang out, this is the only way you have to know what's going on. I'll still be writing, of course, but possibly not daily. = )

-John

No comments: