Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Kirk Update - 10.14.08

Good evening!

Unfortunately, Njicki could only spend about 16 hours here with us before needing to get to Tallahassee. That's okay, because she'll be back up on Sunday/Monday on her way to Pennsylvania. So I saw her off, had some lunch and headed to Kirk's.

He was standing in the kitchen when I came in. Something I'm now told that he's not supposed to do. So whereas we were taking him for walks and putting him on skateboards, now we're keeping him off his feet as much as possible. *shrug*

Tiffany and her bf Roffelle (I hope I'm spelling that right) were also at the house all afternoon. They are hilarious and adorable together. I nearly barfed when I saw them dancing in the kitchen. (Now I know why Jenny nearly barfs when she sees Kristina and me dance, heh.)

I don't know how to describe it, but Kirk was even more "with it" today, but without speaking. He's become very much the quiet master. His sentences are very efficient. And he is saying a lot more with his eyes...sort of with his alertness...but without words. A lot of eyebrow work maybe? But then he'll go and say a lot all at once. No idea.

We watched Teen Wolf. MJF was bustin his ass in 1985. BTTF, Teen Wolf and Family Ties? I'm pretty sure he didn't sleep. Of course we know every line in the movie. Kirk and I spent most of the time discussing small details like how the guy in the 'basketball dunking' wolf costume looks nothing like MJF in his...and also the person zipping up their fly at the beginning of the credits (yep, it's there).

We laughed quite a bit. Sang "Way to Go", "Win in the End", "Shooting for the Moon" and plenty of the score. Kirk's right on top of music and tapping his feet on the beat. I've been monitoring it.

And of course the mantra of Coach Bobby Finstock:
1. Never get less than 12 hours sleep.
2. Never play cards with a guy that has the same first name as a city.
3. Never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.
"Stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."
Then Men In Tights was on TV so we watched the last hour or so of that. Laughed more at the bold-faced, retarded comedy. "Feygeles?"

Absolutely nothing getting worse. Some things getting better. Though I'll admit that every day I stand at the front door, waiting to be let in, and get really nervous. Like something would be different or wrong with him. But...so far so good.

Tomorrow is Diana and me. We've planned a screening of BTTF2. Just can't get enough of that MJF!

-John

No comments: